4.22.2013

Gotcha Day!






As I type this post on my phone, I am holding a sleeping angel in my arms. Hannah Ryan just took her bedtime bottle and fell right asleep. She has had a pretty traumatic day. She was so scared when we first met her and wouldn't come to me. I had to take her from her caregiver and she just cried and cried for her. It broke our hearts, but it was to be expected. We left the civil affairs building after about an hour. Our hotel is about 30 minutes from there and she fell asleep in my arms during the ride...she had worn herself out! She literally has spent every second in my arms ever since. She even has to sit in my lap when I go to the bathroom...sorry if that is tmi! If I put her down, she starts wailing. So, Mama just holds her...she doesn't mind. :). She finally ate and drank something...that was a process. She let me feed her dinner, which was huge since she really can feed herself. And, she let me hold her and give her a bottle...again huge, because she usually holds the bottle herself in her crib. We are so thankful for these little blessings...pray that they will continue! I will post pics in the order that they happened today so you can see the gradual progress we made. Enjoy our little princess and please continue pray for her to attach to us!








































Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing! Tears of joy!! Love her, love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celebrating small successes with you! Excited to see the next couple weeks of progress and adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's beautiful!! Continued prayers for you all, especially Hannah Ryan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tears of joy this morning! xoxoxo Happy Gotcha Day to the Akers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet!! Can't wait for her to meet her cousins. I bet Cici is beside herself too!! Tears of joy for sure from good ole Auburn! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh she s adorable. I'm so thankful she seems pretty attached to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smiling looking at these pictures and thinking of you and Ryan there with her. Will pray for your days and weeks ahead with your new daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing all the details! Keep it coming! So great to see all the pictures. I'm sure it is so sweet to feed her the bottle! She looks so tiny in your arms:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So overjoyed!!! Can't wait for Salem to meet her....DREW and I were just talking about coming to B'ham when you all feel settled....remembering our first talks about these moments almost 13 years ago....can you believe it's been that long? Praying and checking posts several times a day....she is BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete