1.28.2013

Meet Hannah Ryan!!!

We have been matched with our little girl!!!  We were actually matched on January 9 but needed to wait until we had our PA (pre-approval) from China to tell the world.  To say we are smitten would be an understatement.  There is no doubt that this little cutie is our daughter!  The Lord was so sweet in how He worked out all the details...

One week before we were matched, the last of the money that we needed to pay for the adoption came in. The Lord provided every penny that we needed before we were even matched!

We were matched with Hannah Ryan on her 19-month-old birthday.

She is at Love Manor, an orphanage in ChongQing (CQ)...the city that both Ryan & I have spent time in together.  Not only that, but friends of ours who live in China actually visited this orphanage with the group from Lifeline this past fall!  As far as orphanages go, it is a really good one.

We have had her name, Hannah Ryan, picked out for months.  Her Chinese name is Qian Anna.  Anna is part of the name we had chosen for her!

She is just 8 days younger than our niece, Savannah...they are going to be the best of friends.

But, my absolute favorite thing the Lord did was a picture that was included in Hannah Ryan's file.  She has a Mongolian spot on her hand.  These are birthmarks that are very common in Asian children.  However, they are not as common on the hand...they are usually found on a child's back or ankles.  Because of this, they included a picture of her hand in her file.  Here is the picture...

For those that know our family well, I am sure you have already picked up on what sign her hand is making.  Her hand is laying on the table in the sign for "I love you."  When I saw this the first time, my breath caught in my throat.  Because of our sweet Hudson this sign is a daily occurrence in our family...at carpool in the morning as the boys are entering school, at bedtime, and all throughout the day.  If our family had a gang sign, this would be it!  When I showed this picture to Hudson, I told him, "That was for you, buddy."  I prayed that the Lord would make it crystal clear when we were matched that the child was our Hannah Ryan.  He went a step further...He gave us a sign.


So, now we ask for your prayers for our little girl...

Please pray that her needs are being met and pray for the sweet woman in this picture who is caring for her daily.

Pray that we will be able to travel to get her in April.  That is pretty much the soonest that the paperwork trail will allow us to travel.  Now that we have her picture, we are ready to hop on a plane!!!

Pray that she will bond and attach with us quickly!


I will post more this week...I can't wait to share the reactions of her sweet big brothers when they heard the news and saw their baby sister for the first time!  :)


11 comments:

  1. She is beautiful!! Continued prayers that the time passes quickly and Hannah Ryan is with her family SOON!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm weeping!!!!!!! so excited for y'all Kelly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful! Tears of joy for you and your sweet family are welling up in my eyes. The "i love you" sign is awesome! God is do good! You guys are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! She is beautiful and I LOVE that she is from CQ! I can't wait for you to get her in your arms and smother her with kisses...for the rest of her life!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe! Brought me to tears. Such a precious angel. We are so excited for you. Praying for a safe trip with no complications.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Manor is one of the BEST orphanages over there!! She is going to be so well prepared for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited to get to tell all about our precious Hannah Ryan!!! This has been torture knowing and not telling. You even saved a few nuggets of joy in this post that we had not heard yet. God is so good ALL THE TIME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is adorable and love the sign so much. How sweet of the Lord! I'll be following your story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a precious little face! Can't wait to meet her. SOOO happy for ya'll and thankful for the gift of this little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the sign . . . so like our kind Father.

    THRILLED!! Looking forward to the big bro video :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello...my name is Angie, and you don't know me. A friend of mine found your blog and sent it to me. I am writing you because I see that you are adopting a child out of the Love Manor and her surname is Qian. Me and my husband just adopted a girl named Qian Ya from Love Manor last May. She was originally in the Qianjiang SWI but was moved in Sept 2011 to CQ Love Manor when it opened. I was wondering if your daughter was originally at Qianjiang too. I guess she would have been somewhere around 4 months old if she was there previously. Yaya was named after the provience as so many of the children are. If your daughter was there, I have lots of photos and information about that orphanage if you are interested. P.S. I love the ILY sign, as I am a sign language interpreter by profession! So precious! Congratulations! You can reach me at angwmson@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete